Old February 24th 04, 05:46 PM
Robert M. Gary

Dave Butler wrote in message ...
Robert,

There was a recent article in Aviation Consumer about this (not sure if you
subscribe):

http://www.aviationconsumer.com/arch...ty/5307-1.html

Among other things, they discuss: dual chamber vac with a backup gyro and
PDA-style all electronic backups. If memory serves, a dual chamber vac with
a backup gyro is not terribly expensive and probably wouldn't require fancy
paperwork. I think they quote a price in the ballpark of $2000 for that
solution. The PDA-style all electronic solution is a bit more pricey and
wouldn't be panel mount.

Aviation Consumer's original article on the subject, written by Coy Jacobs, was
pretty negative on the dual vacuum pump.

It seems that Coy likes the items that he sells in his shop and tends
to not like the items that are not sold in his shop. I've never been
very happy with his objectivity. The whole scandal with the CorrosionX
vs the competitor was a good reason for me to drop the subscriptions.
Clearly he was going after the company that didn't want to let him
resell their goo (in my opinion).

-Robert