Old February 25th 04, 01:49 PM

Peter Duniho wrote:

What I don't get about this "town meeting" thing is what the point is. We
already had a way to provide comments through the docket web site, which I
did. Is the FAA not going to bother looking at those comments? How are
comments provided through the "town meeting" different, and why should I
bother adding anything there, given that I already provided my comments
through the usual channels previously?

Pete

The FAA looks at comments, then kisses them off. The regulate by political
mandate. Comments from individual pilots are pretty much meaningless. You
can thank your Congress and a series of presidents for that. Since 911,
general aviation has lost what clout it had remaining from the days when the
public actually had a positive view of small aircraft.