Old March 20th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default New diesel engine from Subaru...

On Mar 19, 5:19 pm, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"jan olieslagers" wrote in message

schreef:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124553

2L TDIO, All aluminum block/head, boosted, intercooled, 258 pound-feet
of torque @ 1,800 rpm. Probably a terrible engine for a car. But for
an airplane....

Haven't found the weight yet.

Not the first I hear about it. As I understand it is a modification of
their petrol boxers so the weight should be comparable.

I thought GM had killed the "gas engine converted to a diesel" market.

The typical 10,000 mile (or so) TBO didn't go over well with the public.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Because half-assed engineering in the 70s has sooo much to do with
this engine. You know those Coleco vision games really sucked too.
And bean bags were such a lame technology, I can't imagine anyone
buying a chair ever again... And Disco? WTF was that? I'll never use a
radio again... ever..

-Matt