Old May 3rd 04, 05:04 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Marco Rispoli wrote:

It's a nice plane, well maintained (for what I could see of it and I am far
from an expert).

I know the owner. He took good care of it. My Maule was tied down next to his Grumman
for several years.

Consider that both of us were 210 pounds.

He's gained a few pounds, then.

It's also a very simple plane. It has the basic 6 pack, plus 1 VOR,
transponder (Mode C) and radio panel. Electronics look the newest I have
ever seen. Nice, shiny and crisp looking. Better than some of that crap I
have seen on the school rentals.

He had to replace the entire electrical system back about 1997, so things are pretty
new there.

The guy claims he flew it to Florida in one day ... I wouldn't have reason
to doubt that.

Sun'n Fun. 1994. We both left the same weekend, but I overnighted at Savannah. He
took it straight across the water from Myrtle Beach to St. Augustine. He decided to
not do that on the return trip. We both got back about the same time, too. See
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u6sw/SunFun/index.html for an account of my run down.

I need a simple plane to start. Something cheap I can easily take care of
(from a budget perspective) and if I screw up my monthly allocations of
money or if something breaks on the plane I can get it fixed by cutting back
a bit on other "pleasures" and still be able to fly the plane.

This one would be a nice first plane. You can burn car gas in that one.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.