Old October 18th 20, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Barographs?

Jim S wrote on 10/18/2020 12:09 PM:
10 year old thread but anybody know where to find a mechanical barograph? Thanks.

Well, I just look up at my "shelf museum" when I want to find one. It's a Replogle - still
ticks after winding - that served me well during my badge hunts in the 70's. It's sitting next
to a Bayside 2 channel, crystal controlled radio, a 121.5 ELT bought when contests required
them, and a $700 moving "map" GPS that took 10 minutes to acquire 5 or 6 satellites, then
display a few airports on the 2.4" B&W screen. Oh, and an Instamatic camera.