Old December 29th 03, 03:38 AM
Bob

Once any aircraft is "timed out" either because of manufacturer's
recommended time between overhauls (TBO) Maintenance Manual Chapter 5, or
service life limits Maintenance Manual Chapter 4, it is NO LONGER
"CERTIFIED" as the Type Certificate Data Sheet which is the aircraft's
certification basis has been compromised.

I don't know much about these Robinsons having been a heavy helicopter (up
to Chinook) maintenence inspector for about 20 years. I will tell you that
lots of mis-information and supposition flies around this newsgroup. ALL
aircraft in the USA except for experimentals operate under one OR MORE of
the Federal Aviation Regulations the LEAST of which being FAR Part 91. You
guys should find yourselves a copy as well as the Maintenance Manual for
whatever aircraft you care to discuss AND READ the appropriate sections of
them. You'll find yourselves breathing a lot longer and out of violation.