Old May 1st 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.restoration

Default Engines / undercarriage assemblies / Trawfynnydd (N Wales) Friday28th April

wrote:

Hi Richard
Sorry about not giving more info earlier - wife rushing me !!!

I didn't take any pics as I hadn't got my camera with me.
I imagine the truck was 8' wide and the stillages were within the width
of the truck. The wing centres were probably about 8-9' above the deck
of the lorry so were not large. The engines certainly weren't anything
like the size of the P&Ws in the DC series (pic-linked), and the props
were two bladed (I think) and were probably no more than 7' or 8' in
diameter / length.

It was fascinating to think of this piece of history sat in a layby -
unattended !! I would have asked the lorry driver had he been there !!

Thanks again.
Phil

Probably no way of knowing from the far side of the world.
Could have been almost anything.

It's fun stumbling across some ancient relic...