Old June 3rd 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Default AV gas prices

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message

I've heard that the gravity fed fuel systems don't seem to experience the
vapor locking and I've never experienced carb ice in any vehicle but my
VW.

I'd think a pressure system would be more immune than gravity fed.

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I think If it sucks it's more immune but if it blows it's less.
That's why new cars have the pump in the tank. Unfortunately most
planes don't.

My Model A Ford's gravity flow system never had problems. I have had two
fuel tank pump failures in "modern" cars.

I agree with Ronger, a gravity fuel system seems to work well in high wing
airplanes.

Wayne
HP14 "Six Foxtrot"
(All fuel system problems are solved if you don't carry any fuel)
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder