Old September 1st 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Team Air Bike (Ultralight)

"Flash" wrote in message

"Scott" wrote in message
news

Research the "Legal Eagle" by Len Milholland. Similar to the airbike.
Plus, he sells plans for his half VW engine that the Legal Eagle is
designed around.

Scott

Scott, and Charlie,

Thanks, that's well along the lines of what I had in mind. There are a
number of web-sites on that one. A few years ago, I was at the local EAA
chapter when they were building a Mini-Max, and the wing-work looks
similar. I don't remember it being too complex or too many hours
involved.

Might be worth springing for a set of plans.

Again, Thanks.

Flash

One of the members of UL Chapter 71 built a Mini-Max a while back, and it
appeared to be a good flyer in addition to being readily dissmantled for
trailering. IRRC, he had one of the small Rotax engines in it. However, I
have never personally liked the mid wing.

Just as food for thought, however, strut braced high wings or parasols are
usually the easiest to keep light.

And as a little additional food for thought, the venerable Jodel D9 could
come very close to meeting Part 103 specs if equipped with a very light
engine--and the recovery parachute allowance might make it fit. It does not
fit into a trailer; but if you prefer a low wing...

Peter