Old August 8th 18, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

I tell our newer towpilots that with the big gliders and gliders with water, it is almost impossible to tow them too fast and way better to be on the fast side than the slow side.

This of course is the opposite from towing slow speed trainers which are much happier slower than faster. These are what our towpilots usually tow, so when the Nimbus 3 full of water is pulled out to the line, they need to shift from a slow bias to a fast bias.