Old August 2nd 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Busiest Soaring Operations?

On Aug 2, 7:03 am, Dan G wrote:
On Aug 2, 1:13 am, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

While a sim may be useful for teaching procedural skills, I am very pessimistic
about their ability to teach stick and rudder skills.

I guess you've not used a simulator. As long as you have seperate
rudder pedals, the control co-ordination is very life-like, as is the
handling of the aircraft in general (at least as far as Condor is
concerned).

In the UK Lasham trained a pilot to almost solo standard using nothing
but a simulator. The pilot had to make the minimum number of real
launches to meet legal requirements before he really could go solo,
but he was ready for solo after just one or two real tows.

Dan

http://www.yorksoaring.com/FlightSimulator/