Old August 15th 03, 03:08 PM
Tom Fleischman

In article k.net,
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

I was returning this afternoon from the first flight that I've been
able to make since the end of July due to a busy work schedule and the
Omega Block low clouds and daily strong thunderstorms we've been
experiencing here in the New York area for the past few weeks. So after
I landed and buttoned down the aircraft I got into my car and
discovered that the entire eastern coast was blacked out.

It's interesting becasue there was absolutely no indication of any
trouble either with navaids or ATC while I was approaching HPN. I was
certainly talking to NY TRACON and Westchester Tower at the time of the
power failure but no said boo, It was a perfectly normal landing and I
had no idea anything had happened until I turned on my car radio.

I guess the system worked.

How can there be a blackout during the day?

What a maroon.