Old October 29th 04, 04:01 AM
AJW

Name any animal native to North America, and one of them has probably
wandered onto a runway at some point. Probably even a few non-native
species have found their way to the wrong place too. It's a good reminder

Taking off from BED (near Boston) a few years back the tower called us and
asked if we could see a kangaroo near the departure end of the runway. Never
know what people are keeping pets these days.

-cwk.

My favorite animal warning came from some place in PA, can't remember where.
The airplane ahead of me, after lifting off, told the tower there was a large
turtle on the runway.

I got this when I was told to postion and hold: "Caution, wake turbulance,
crossing turtle 1000 feet from the threshold."