Old August 20th 03, 01:59 AM
Craig

Michelle P wrote in message k.net...
I just wanted to thank you all for your responses. They were quite helpful.

At this time it appears that we are going for a well equipped Seneca III.

You might want to take a look at Aero Commanders before you commit to
the Seneca. A nicely equipped 500 or 600 piston Commander is well
within the price range that you are looking at. Geared engines are not
that big of a thing on them except at overhaul time. Commanders are
also hard to beat on load capacity....generally 2500-3500 pounds
usefull. Rock stable handling and engine outs are pretty ho-hum...dial
in a bit of trim. The 680 that I just bought to rebuild will get off
the ground in 1600 feet at 7000 pounds gross and burn about 35 gallons
an hour total at cruise.

Check www.aerocommander.com for complete specs. I know of one really
nice one that is for sale right now.

Craig C.