Old June 17th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
W. D. Allen

Default This News Group

"...figure out a way to co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate
all their crap from our
personal sand box...."

The only readily effective way is to assiduously avoid showing any response
whatsoever. Hopefully their tiny minds will get bored and they will wander
away! The alternative is to have a full time newsgroup administrator who
filters all email - a job nobody wants!

1956 - First trap on USS Monterey off Pensacola.

WDA

end

"Boomerang" wrote in message
I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 - and I wonder, seriously, if the cross-posters
realize what a disservice (read pain-in-the-ass) they are to those of us
who cherish contact with folks of similar backgrounds and interests
Further, I wonder if they realize that their cross-posts, always, provoke
an alienation to whatever the hell their nutty causes might be, and an
annoyance with them personally for the posts. Monitoring is an attractive
option but we're way beyond that.I just hope that each of us "good-guys"
can figure out a way to co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate
all their crap from our personal sand box and keep this site for those of
us who have something to say to one another about a very important element
of their own security - and their right to sound off, unfortunately.