Old February 29th 16, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil Chidekel

Default Is SKEW-T still important to soaring pilots ?

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 12:22:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Having used XC skies and now Topmeteo, I wonder what's the need to get the forecasted SKEW -T diagram to points along your task.
Will you as, a pilot, get any better prediction of soaring conditions if you use both ?
Dan

Within the bounds of science, people can interpret a SKEW-T differently. I like that. I think it's easier to "fact check" a SKEW-T against actual observations, and discern whether a certain sounding is actually a reasonable interpretation of a slice of atmosphere for a specific day/situation.

Blipmaps and topmeteo are a computer's interpretation of a SKEW-T. I like to interpret it myself and compare it with the computer.