Old July 1st 17, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Libelle

On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 2:22:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Is 8k a bad deal for a Libelle with no logs? I don't know what all the ADs add up to (assuming they haven't been done) but what the heck, it could be a good value?

Well, nobody else bid over $5200. That should be Hint One. I stopped before that. Maybe Hint Two? I know of two Tech Notes that will cost you roughly $500 in parts and about three hours in labor to do that I am sure are not current. I think there are probably others. Then, there will be the time to get a replacement airworthiness certificate. Trailer work. Glider work. Tires. Tubes. Radio.

There have been many in flying condition, with complete records, asking $12K that have sat for a while. Those currently listed, asking $17K and up will likely sit for even longer.

If the trailer works OK, and the gel is just yellowed and not crazed, it might be worth $8K to somebody. But, not to me.

Steve Leonard