Old September 8th 17, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Irma and TCSC

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:24:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Well, it looks bad and there is no time to wait. We have been boxing gliders all day and I flew the Yellow Gorilla to a more secure location at my home on FD25. We will batten down the hatches and hope for the best, but this ole girl looks bad.
Hope all the other glider clubs have the hangars available to protect their assets. hope all of you fare well in the monster. Bob , Vero Beach

Everything is locked down and we are hoping for the best. I have two Pawnee's and two glass ships secured in the hangar at FD25 and hopefully things will be fine. We are riding this storm out and the generator is ready along with food and a big cooler of water and beer.