Old December 9th 13, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Monday, December 9, 2013 6:16:35 AM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:16:24 PM UTC-8, Dave Springford wrote:

The V3 and V7 are completely different beasts so you can't really compare them. The V7 includes accelerometers and the newest Ver 3 firmware uses these for gust filtering. The feedback I have heard from V7 users is that it is an outstanding vario, particularly with the new firmware.

The V3 is a great basic vario. The connections are simple, 4 screws, two wires and a TE tube connection and you are done. As long as your TE system is working properly the vario does it's job.

Dave Springford

www.foxonecorp.com

I agree with Dave. I have been flying with a PowerFlarm - V7 - Ultimate Le for several years. The V7 is an excellent vario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i0IVkHUnWU

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

Woops the Ytube shows an LX1600, current vario in the panel is a V7. The V7 is next to a Butterfly vario they are very similar in response.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ultimates.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com