Old December 9th 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

I have been flying with the V7 for about 200h now, the last 100h was
done with the inertial dampening enabled. I have experience with LX5000
(approx 600h) and CAI302 (approx 200h),in my opinion the V7 with the
latest firmware is heads above either of those two (I liked the LX5000
but sold it with my old ship, I could not get used to the 302 so
installed the V7).

The biggest advantage that I have found is that the vario now matches
what I feel in the seat of my pants 99% of the time were as before I
would sometimes get conflicting inputs, this has reduced the amount of
"tries" and improved my confidence in selecting thermals. Additionally
I really like the SC Mixed option for audio (STF audio while in sink and
Vario audio while in lift regardless of Cruise/Climb setting) the FLARM
radar when connected to a FLARM and a threat is detected is a nice
addition. I find that the audio tones and needle movement are pleasant
and intuitive.

Unfortunately I can't compare to CnV or Butterfly as I have not flown
with either of those units.

Luke Szczepaniak

On 12/08/2013 5:49 PM, wrote:
How did the V3 and the ClearNav vario compare?

I am debating between the V7 and the Clear Nav vario.

Gust filtering is of particular importance to me, along with overall function.

Thanks

Kevin
192
92