Old July 8th 03, 04:13 PM
James M. Knox

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote in news:3F0AC7D5.9020908
@swbell.net:

Nor would I personally describe 2 problems
in 5 yrs ownership of 3 different headsets as "lurching from crisis
to crisis".

Sydney,

First off, thanks for the post. I would be interested in knowing what
actually shorted out (sounds like a spring contact or some such, most
likely, in the battery box).

You are right that, compared to having, oh say, a wing spar break, it's
hardly a "crisis." OTOH, I've got two Peltor's and a Dave Clark ANR -
average life 10 years - and never had a problem (other that physically
wearing out the earpads) with any of them. So you can see that, relative
to the "crowd," you are well to one side of the curve.

[Not that we wouldn't expect you to stand out in a crowd regardless. G]

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331
Austin, Tx 78721