Old October 15th 18, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Towrope tensions....Part II

I have no decent answer, you can skip from here..........

Soft tire, wet ground, deep grass vs. pavement, dragging brake (or pilot that holds divebrake part way through initial acceleration, yada, yada, yada........), many variables.

Max is usually initial acceleration of the towplane. Soft throttle is less load than "ramming it".

You can find a "range", but it can be huge.

OK, I will bite, why are you asking? The mission statement can yield closer answers to your question vs. the nebulous question you asked.

Not an engineer.
Not trying to be a PITA, although, I usually end up in that pot.