Old July 16th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default F;ying to Montreal from the US

On Jul 15, 1:38*pm, Journeyman wrote:

First thing, plan ahead for coming back. *You need to send the U.S.
customs people $25 and they'll send you a sticker for your plane.
Unless things have changed (again), you can't just buy it when you cross
the border, you have to order it ahead of time. *First time across, I
didn't have the sticker, but was able to show a receipt. *

I've been going to Canada and Mexico several times a year for almost 6
years now and have never put a sticker on my plane. Just hand the
customs inspector a check for $25 and you should be good to go
(actually I think the last one was $28). A month later a sticker
arrives in the mail which I usually just toss.

-Robert