Old April 16th 17, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Improved live tracking for the SSA membership?

From a Growth & Retention standpoint, I wholeheartedly support the idea of the SSA providing trackers to CD's to disperse to contestants at various regional and national gliding competitions. I would also support the lending of these devices to US Team Members (it's always good to have heroes in a sport) and individuals attempting national, continental, or world records. The entertainment and promotional value is well worth the money.

After a quick glance at the thread tonight I would reserve opinion on which route to go or what the SSA should potentially support. I would very much like to add this to the Growth & Retention Committee's agenda for consideration. I also want to explore ideas as to how we can use tracking to promote the sport and generate more interest in contest participation among SSA members. Sean, when you get a chance please bring me up to speed with Glideportaero and the various tracking device options. I like the idea of the SSA delivering its own branded, affordable tracking devices to its members on a subscription basis.

Chris Schrader