Old March 8th 20, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flarm, Flarmnet, What?

Yesterday, while flying with two friends, I noticed the following:

I'm equipped with a Flarm portable, ClearNav II, Flarmview, and ADS-B
In/Out.

One was equipped with transponder and Flarm.

The other (Two) was equipped with ADS-B Out only.

My indications were as follows:Â* On the Flarm portable, either showed as
a triangle symbol with delta altitude.Â* On the Flarmview, either was
displayed and identified by his ICAO code.Â* But, on the ClearNav, One
showed as a glider symbol with his call sign and Two displayed as a
glider symbol with the last two characters of his ICAO code.Â* All other
ADS-B targets were displayed only as what I'd describe as a B-52 symbol
with no codes.

Any ideas?
--
Dan, 5J