Old May 13th 05, 08:52 PM
Gary Drescher

"Jesse Wright" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, the DC ADIZ is the most sensitive of all airspaces. But, with
lack of criminal charges, this incident boils down to a highly
publicized airspace incursion.

I emailed the NASA ASRS folks today to ask them if there was any DC ADIZ
exception to the ASRS immunity policy. I received the following reply:

"This had come to our attention numerous times when the TFR/ADIZ first
became a focus after 9/11. We received a clarification that the ASRS
limited immunity provisions would apply without difference. However, there
are still some FAA people who think that there is some higher power over
these type of violations, but we had the FAA Legal Office weigh in and this
was not true."

--Gary