Old September 13th 04, 07:36 AM
Andrew Tubbiolo

Del Rawlins wrote:

I wrote ....

What's involved in getting a cirt for your own design? What would stop
me from basing a design on the C-172? How different must it be to escape
copyright infringment?

Besides, if you were to go this route you would basically have to
disassemble completely a 172 in order to duplicate the parts, and at
that point it would be easier to just restore the 172.

I would need to be a cirtificated A & P to do this right? I've
considered it. Would refurbing a manufactured airframe be another route to
a repairmans license?

BTW, nice aircraft, thanks for the link!

Andrew