Old August 11th 05, 10:26 PM
Bob Noel

In article 7kLKe.239817$x96.9166@attbi_s72,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[snip]
However, I did (and still) wonder about putting that much negative-G on our
34 year old airframe. Without a G meter it's impossible to know how much G
was induced, but I'd say it was 50% more than I've ever done before.

I've been told that what people usually think of as negative Gs are actually
just a reduction in positive g loading. As you said, without the g meter,
you don't know. But if you weren't "hanging" from the seat belts, I would
think you didn't see negative g's at all, just something noticably less than
the usual 1.0 positive g.

Sounds like you have an excuse er reason to go and get some real aerobatic
training to see what -1 g really feels like. :-)

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule