Old June 8th 04, 12:55 AM
Ed Rasimus

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:55:36 GMT, Otis Willie
wrote:

Air Force fighter pilots train in tactic that scopes out enemy
targets, By Franklin Fisher, Stars and Stripes

(EXCERPT) Pacific edition, Monday, June 7, 2004

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea — The U.S. Air Force in South Korea is
honing a tactic that sends fighter planes behind enemy lines to find
and destroy mobile ground targets.

Called “Killer Scout,” and dating to the 1991 Gulf War, it differs
from another air-to-ground mission known as close-air support, in
which ground troops call in fighter support.

Gosh, maybe we weren't doing armed recce in SEA. And maybe they didn't
do it in P-47s in WW II.

Or, maybe it's Fast FACing that wasn't being done?

Or was it called BAI?

I forget.

I know, let's make it round and call it a wheel. Don't think it's been
invented before. Anyone got patent paperwork?

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press