Old September 18th 03, 01:07 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:24:46 -0500, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

Why would you hear of it?

Or more importantly ....
HOW would you hear of it, unless personally
involved or it happened in your personal little inner circle?

If you can infer that auto engines are in some way superior by what
you have or have not heard on the internet today, good luck.

Barnyard BOb --

Because for 15 years I've been actively seeking news of auto engine
failures. Since I'm building up a Ford V-6 for use in my Christavia,
I thought it might be a good idea to understand where the failures
have occured.

In regards auto engine conversion failures in general, there have been
some, of course. Most of the time the failure has been something
other than the shortblock. No question, a failure is a failure, but
the conversation was about a blown piston, which is part of the
shortblock.

Still doesn't mean anything, people don't contact me when their engine
fails so I miss most of the news.

But Bruce is ruthless in printing news of engine failures, feeling
that we should understand the failure modes rather than stick our
heads in the sand. Can't recall any article on a blown piston with
the Ford. Perhaps he can comment.

Corky Scott