Old October 27th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

wrote:
I had an interesting experience the other day. To some degree I was testing
the theory that a local Class-C facility would invariably vector VFR aircraft outside
the lateral boundaries of their airspace. I've seen this at a few different airports
where I transition through with flight following, but underneath (or overtop) the
vertical limits.

I'm not actually sure that teh controllers know the specific boundaries
of the airspace. When you get vectored around its usually because they
have arrivals/departures, not because of the airspace.

-Robert