Old October 29th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Was: "Why I'm Not an A&P" - Now: Fixin' Stuff

Mike Spera wrote:

Oh yeah, I own the "House from Hell". The former hillbillies who lived
here did everything on the cheap with "Bubba the carpenter".

I can sympathize with you Mike. I've also got a HFH....got 99% of the
way through a remodel
that took 5 different contractors 16 months to get to the point that I
tossed them all off the job.
Worked for about four months cleaning up their screwups and poor
workmanship and the huge
punchlist, all to have it flood a month later. Now we are tearing it
all out and getting ready to
completely gut the place to fix all the "Bubba fixes" so that I can
sell it and get us into a better
situation. Probably the funniest of the "Bubba fixes" was from when
the house was built. Two
sinks 3 feet apart in the big bath.....had at least 30 elbows and a
dozen couplings for the water
lines between them. Total piping run for both hot and cold was about 7
feet. Looks like they
built that and other things from the job junkbox. Too cheap to buy the
correct materials, and
way too cheap to have the work done correctly. I figure it will take
me probably six months to
redo everything after I gut the place, just so we can sell it.

Craig C.