Old May 3rd 14, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Z Goudie[_2_]

Default Trailer Chains - To Cross of Not to Cross - That is the Question

At 04:14 03 May 2014, BobW wrote:

That said, once when retrieving someone - their vehicle pulling a factory

PIK-20 trailer - less than two miles from the airport & still in town,
someone
pulled up beside me waving frantically and pointing behind me. I pulled
over
to figure out why. When I pre-flighted the (ready to go [almost!])

trailer,
missed catching the fact the rear door wasn't latched. It'd flopped open
and
was skating raucously on the metal brackets that support the door when the

fuselage rests on it for rigging.

Car and trailer pulled away from traffic lights only to have someone come
up alongside gesticulating wildly.
The trailer door was open and the Dart fuselage was lying on it's side back
at the lights....