Old October 20th 03, 08:25 PM
Marc Reeve

ArtKramr wrote:

From the NY Times letters to the editor..

To The Editor:

" I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America
and to the principles for which it stands, one nation under law,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Not bad. I still prefer the Pledge of Allegiance without the 1954
additions, though. The 1911 additions were merely for clarification, but
the 1954 addition was a crass political move.

-Marc

(In case anyone's wondering, the original pledge was merely
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag and to the Republic for which it
stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The phrase "of the United States of America" was added in 1911.)

--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is