Old February 24th 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Default More Sad News From PHDH

On Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 10:58:55 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
I looked at the L-19’s out there a couple of years ago when I flew their K-21. They had really crappy to nonexistent maintenance. I almost didn’t get into the K-21 but I figured it would last for one more flight.

Mr. Longley,
Since you are a professional A&P/IA, I'm wondering why you didn't report your findings to the FAA about this company? If what you determined was negligent maintenance of their aircraft, don't you have an obligation to report it ASAP? If you thought the equipment was only safe for one more flight, so did you concern yourself with the safety of others that followed? I apologize if I'm misrepresenting what you stated here, but please tell me that you'll follow up with a report to a trusted FSDO or other oversight agency.

I did see one news report that the FAA allegedly ignored a whistleblower's complaint on a previous accident elsewhere in Hawaii https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/0...r-prior-crash/