Old July 25th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default BWB remembered

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Was it really that long ago ??

Is the site still active?

Hi Paul,

Nah, I took the site down last year, after many months of inactivity.
There was simply no longer any point to it, since most of the people
pictured there had long since left rec.aviation for the greener pastures
of moderated chat rooms, where cretins like the trolls that have decimated
these groups are quickly and efficiently eliminated.

That's really a sad commentary, because it really shows that people who
should know better are much to easily trolled.

I really wish that problem was confined to usenet, in which case it would
only be either interesting or annoying--depending upon one's viewpoint on a
given subject at any given time. Unfortunately, it appears to be a small
part of a much larger problem. ):-(

T-minus 36 hours for OSH departure. Hope to see some of you there!

I'll have to miss it, yet again, this year; so have a great time, look at a
few extra airplanes and talk to a few extra people!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Peter