Old March 16th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jon

Default LPV Coming to Town

On Mar 15, 2:27 pm, "Marco Leon" wrote:
[After rereading this post originally posted in .OWNING, I realized it
really belongs in the .IFR group]

Damn. I thought I'd be good for a couple of years on not spending the
$1,700+ on the Garmin 430 WAAS upgrade. Now the airport mgmt at my homebase
(KFRG) says that we're on the fast-track to get not one but two LPV
approaches with one being to a runway with no current approaches. Should be
getting it by early-mid '08 but we'll see. Bittersweet nonetheless.

Curiously, it does not show up on the FAA's IAP Status website
(http://avn.faa.gov/acifp.asp). Anyone ever track the progress of a
procedure via this site? Is the LPV in question really not close to becoming
a reality unless it shows up on this site?

Marco

You can check the Production Schedule there to see expected target
dates:

http://avnweb.jccbi.gov/schedule/production?=

BTW, KFRG shows 12/20/07 on the site.

Regards,