Old March 8th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default XM financial trouble

Scott D wrote:
As far as the commercial free stations are concerned, that is not
what drew me to Sat Radio so its not a big deal if they play a few
commercials every once in a while.

Well, it is to me. When the commercials hit the airwaves on satellite, I'll be
seriously rethinking whether I want it or not. Right now there are two big
advantages to me: I can drive incredible distances and never lose the station,
and the fact that it's commercial free. When they start playing commercials I'd
have to ask why do they need my $12.95 each month.

You know, I love TIVO for essentially the same reason: I can blow past the
commercials on recorded shows. Typically I prefer recorded stuff to live for
exactly that reason. If TIVO ever interfered with my ability to fast forward,
I'd have to rethink whether I needed them or not in the future.

Opinions vary, I guess.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE