Old November 23rd 04, 12:57 AM
Andrew Gideon

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Has anyone compared these "head to head" since Controlvision has shifted
XM weather? When they still used the older download system, they'd
certain limits that compared poorly to the Airgator product (ie. the size
of a
"pixel" of weather was much larger). But since Controlvision
converted...?

Back when I did some research (before Controlvision shifted), I liked the
Airgator. The quality of the weather (ie. that pixel size) was one
reason,
and I thought Airgator had done a better UI job. But I liked the option
to in Controlvision's product to include the gyro backup.

So...has anyone looked at these more recently? Has Airgator found an AI
product? Has Controlvision improved their weather quality?

Anything else?

Thanks...

Coincidence: Flying has a brief article on the ControlVision product which
claims that the weather "pixel" is 1 mile.

I'd love to play with these side-by-side. Anyone know of an FBO that
provides both somewhere not too far from Northern NJ?

- Andrew