Old May 9th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default To overhaul or not to Overhaul, that is the question-

No way to tell for sure. What I would do is go ahead and treat it like
I was going to run with what I got, and see how it goes. After a few
hours of running do a compression test and monitor oil usage. If all is
well, run it till it starts giving oil burn, low compression, power
loss or metal in filter. THEN rebuild. You might get 1000 or more hours
out of it. But as I said, no way to tell for sure.