Old January 1st 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default GNS 430W vs GNS 480

Sam Spade wrote:
Go with the 430W.

Well, this deserves a counterpoint: Go with the 480!

Actually, if I was not familiar with either one, I would carefully evaluate both of the units using their
downloadable simulations. The big difference in my mind between them is the user interface. I find the
480 to be much more logical and intuitive, however others have said they think it's too rigid and "FMS-
like". The other big difference is that the 480 has airways. If you get a lot of airway clearances, they are
MUCH easier with the 480. This was not added to the 430 as part of the WAAS upgrade.

Mike