Old February 22nd 04, 08:21 AM
Dav1936531

From: "Dave Kearton"

Personally, I can't understand how you can keep an eye on someone with a

satellite - bald spots are about as generic as bathtowels.

Osama is tall and thin...as in about 6' 3" or 4" IIRC. That CAN be picked up by
satellite....or by whatever UAV's are tooling around in the area now. That is,
assuming this rumor has anything to do with reality.

Rumors are a dime a dozen in these types of things, and how some news media has
the inside scoop into what the SOF's are doing is a mystery to me. Operational
security would be at it highest levels for something of this nature....unless,
maybe, they are completely convinced there is no escape for Osama.....but they
thought they had him pinned at Tora Bora too and wouldn't make the same mistake
of raising hopes about his capture.

I won't believe stuff like this until I see video of Osama in plastic handcuffs
surrounded by guys wearing US uniforms......although, Osama has sworn not to be
taken alive and is probably surrounded by a truly hard core bunch of
dead-enders that will go out shooting.
Dave