Old October 3rd 03, 01:24 AM
Corrie

I'll ditto the recommendation for the VP-1, VP-2, and Fly Baby plans.
I have all three. The FlyBaby plans are more than worth the money -
they contain the entire builder's manual as well. Very well done.
You might also look at the plans for the Piel Emeraude, available from
Sylvia Littner in Canada. That's a rather more complicated aircraft.

Your eventual distribution would be a lot cheaper,

IF - you can figure out a way to keep the files encrypted for use by the
purchaser only, and off the Internet........

Point. Intellectual-property law is pretty precise, and you'd be
protected by a strongly worded license agreement, assuming you're
willing to pay a lawyer to enforce it if required. There's also the
Law of Karma that all but guarantees that if you post for-sale plans
on the internet in violation of the license agreement, your airplane
will turn around and hurt you. It's amazing that people who plan to
spend $10,000 building an airplane would even consider screwing the
designer - to whom they will trust their life - out of a hundred bucks
or so. Scrounging for cheap materials and parts is one thing.
Inviting Bad Joss is quite another.

Corrie