Old July 21st 03, 10:43 PM
Jay Honeck

Arrive right after the air show, and there will be departures (who just
vacated
camping spots) queued up ready to go. When they open the field for

arrivals, be
orbiting Ripon so you're ready to arrive and suck up a spot.

Personally, I think this is a bad idea. Orbiting Ripon for any length of
time is exhausting (and potentially dangerous, as we all circle that 3-meter
dot in the sky), and you are not assured of a spot by arriving after the
show.

The volunteers seem to be extremely reluctant to "in-fill" camp sites after
the show, although I don't know why that is. (Margy? Ron? Can you fill
this gap for me?)

I think you're ALWAYS better off arriving as early as possible. The field
opens at 7-ish, and I've never seen anyone turned away that arrived at that
time.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA