Old April 25th 21, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default FLARM Fusion Range

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:51:57 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
ads-b update

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4gu...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Matt

I cannot guess. But as mentioned before getting the detailed kmz and csv data from the FAA might show something. Just email them to me if you have them. Yes it say might be possible that the Willows ADS-B tower has a problem and the Redding one was working fine and Ramy flew in the Redding tower airspace part of that time and the rest of you did not. That would stand out clearly in the detailed reports. I'm happy to follow up with the FAA if it looks like there was a site problem, but the detailed reports would help.