Old January 17th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Post Annual Flight check - Video

wrote:

Absolutely amazing how 6 pounds in the tail cone can improve my
landings. I had 45 pounds in the cargo to bring the CG aft. I now
was able to remove all of that weight due to a measily 6 pounds in the
tailcone..

Sierra's had an STC to add a tail cone weight. AFAIK, it was never
approved for Sundowners, even though it's the same airframe.

I've thought the same, as we have a 50 pound bag of kitty litter in our
baggage compartment if we don't have a back seat pax.

I bought an '81 C182 on Friday, and the balance differences are
shocking. The Beech 23/24 airframe seems to LOVE back seat pax.