Old August 20th 03, 05:43 PM
EDR

Default be careful if you fly in Columbia

In article K_v0b.201938$YN5.141158@sccrnsc01, Gary L. Drescher
wrote:

NYT today: "Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld announced today that
President Bush has approved the resumption of an American-supported program
in which Colombian fighter pilots can force or shoot down airplanes
suspected of ferrying drugs.
The program, called Airbridge Denial and a key component in Washington's war
on drugs in South America since 1995, was suspended here and in Peru after a
Peruvian fighter shot down a private plane in 2001 that was carrying
American missionaries."

Does this mean I'm safe if I am not flying a Cessna? :-)