Old July 28th 05, 01:48 AM

Default Nerd Challenge - Google TP map !

Hey ! Who're you calling a nerd ?

Objective: URL that shows task area geo-image overlaid with
Turn and Landing points.

Google released its API for mapping. See
http://www.google.com/apis/maps/
With a few lines of clever Javascript (ECMAscript, OK, whatever),
you can overlay your own data on top of the google-provided imagery.
Pizza establishments, homes for sale, suspected mafia safe-houses, etc.

So here's the challenge: With a few clever lines, grab the task
area information and list off John Leibacher's world-wide turnpoint
exchange, then overlay it on the google image, for a printable
area layout. Suitable for programming Charlie's string-computer.
And putting in your cockpit. And amazing your nerd friends
(Hey ! Stop that !).

Caint do it myself 'cause I'm too freakin busy and trying to get
ready to head to Uvalde Friday AM (somebody has to lose and I'm
ready).

Are you going to do it, or are you a wimp ?

See ya, Dave "YO"