Old March 13th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default FAA Mandates Plastic Pilot Certificates By March 31, 2010 Or You're Grounded

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:42:22 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

You've got two years to comply or lose your right to pilot an
aircraft:

http://www.aopa.org/flightplanning/a...28plastic.html
FAA mandates plastic pilot certificates
By AOPA ePublishing staff

Still hanging onto your paper pilot certificate? You’ll need to
upgrade to a plastic pilot certificate by March 31, 2010. The FAA
released its final rule on Feb. 28, announcing the required switch
to the certificate it deems is more counterfeit resistant. When
the FAA proposed this mandate in 2005, AOPA members overwhelmingly
supported the move to a more secure certificate.

do you know what the real joke is with all this rubbish.

Australia once had a small credit card sized pilots licence ...well
the australian 'cretins against sane aviation' will only ever call
them a 'flight crew licence' ...anyway.
this was universally loved by pilots all over australia. it was neat.
in fact it is the only competent thing casa has ever done in the last
10 years.

against all input from pilots the cretins got rid of it and introduced
an ICAO compliant A5 sized book of paper pages in plastic wallets.
just so that australia wouldnt look out of place.

so you guys are getting a credit card sized pilots licence. bloody
good!
now we'll be able to ridicule the cretins into introducing our credit
card sized licence again.

gawd our people are stupid. I think the casa gene pool is long overdue
for chlorinating.

Stealth Pilot.