Old July 2nd 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
One's Too Many

Default Braking in new breaks

On Jun 29, 11:21 pm, "Roger (K8RI)" wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:13:38 -0700, "karl gruber"

wrote:
I just installed new break pads and am wondering if there is a procedure to
brake them in?

I just put 'em on and use 'em. Never had any problems yet.

They're broke in by the time I get to the end of the taxiway.

Ditto. One side was not as quite effective as the other at first and
the plane had a bit of a tendency to veer to the right with equal
pressure on the pedals, but after a bit more taxiing around and
alternately heating and cooling each side, they evened up nicely. Then
after about 4 or 5 total landings to a full stop, both new brakes
worked perfectly balanced.